The museum offers a range of activities for visiting children and families. These offer children the chance to explore the museum’s exhibitions, collections and resources in lively and fun ways.
Special events and activities
Click on our What's on section to see forthcoming events suitable for children and families.
Craft workshops for 7 to 11 year olds are held throughout the year. Full details are included in the What's on section.
We are now offering themed birthday parties for children. We can accommodate parties for boys and girls from 6 to 11 years old which will guarantee fun activities in an unusual environment. Viking, Victorian, and craft themed parties are available. Our unique parties include dressing up, themed games, trails and treasure hunts, arts and crafts activities and lots more! Prices are very reasonable. Contact email@example.com for more details.
Activities for children’s groups and clubs
The museum can organise special activities for after school clubs, summer schemes, guide and scout groups, church youth groups, girls’ and boys’ brigades, Saturday clubs etc. These activities could include object handling, guided walks and trails, mystery object competitions, arts and crafts, role play and drama. Contact the education section for more details, (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com )
Please go to our Learning section for details of schools activities.
Down through time
The exhibition Down through time has been developed to provide a stimulating and informative visit for families and children. Children can:
• use a variety of gallery interactives to investigate objects on display
• re-assemble a model of a prehistoric pot
• touch Stone Age and Bronze Age objects
• dress up in replica costume from the Viking, Victorian and World War II periods
• have a go at Viking weaving
• explore an Early Christian monastery and a medieval tower house
• make their own version of the Ballybrannagh quilt
• play games from World War II